Kate, of Obsessive Consumption, is posting pictures of everything she has bought or purchased between 1/2002 and 4/2004 to her flickr account.
I really have very few absolute secrets. Everything that has ever been done by/to/for/ me, is known about by another person. There is very little I can expose about myself that is not known by at least one other living human. But Mark has tagged me for one of those meme-meta things a while back so I figured I ought to give a shot anyway by tailoring it to the readers of this. So, without further ado… Five Things You Probably Never Knew About Me:
- 1. I only have one kidney. I wasn’t born that way.
- 2. For four months, in the nicest house of which I will probably ever live, I slept on the hardwood floors with just three blankets underneath me.
- 3. I have an affinity for the moon and the ocean but don’t understand tides.
- 4. I regularly trade the stock market.
- 5. Yeah, right, like I’m really gonna type that out for the whole world to see. Let your imagination run wild.
Here are a few testimonials about Artifacting I have received recently:
- This is simply unbelievable! The service was excellent. Artifacting did exactly what you said it does. -Matthew Smith
- Dude, your stuff is the bomb! If you ever have any stubborn people like me, have them call me. This is the most reliable thing of thing we’ve ever used. -Robert Wood
- I am so pleased with this product. I like Artifacting more and more each day because it makes my life a lot easier. I love your system. -James Taylor
- It’s just amazing. It’s all good. Really good. The best on the net! -Sarah Gray
It all started with this post. Now about 75% of the searches that lead to my site have the word ‘nickname’ in them. Nicknames are very popular around here. And where ever nicknames go, pet names are there holding its hand. Affectionate names, boyfriend nicknames, girlfriend nicknames, and cute nicknames are all gathered around too – like one, big, happy, family. In the spirit of “give ’em what they want”, I have started a list of pet names to give the thousands of you who visit here every month and have no clue what to call your affectionate other some ideas. If you know of one that is missing, let me know in the comments and I’ll add it. OK, here we go…..
Affectionate Cute Pet Names
Alliebear (Good for all your Allison’s)
Angel of Mine
Apple of My Eye
Darling o’ Mine
Handsome Baby Boo
Honey Bunches of Oats
Knight In Shining Armor
My Beautiful Beloved
My One and Only
My Special Star
My Sweet BoY
Peaches ‘n’ Creme
Schmooooky Pookie Pooo
Soda Pop (as sweet as…)
Suga’pie Honey Bun
Sweet Pear Half In Your Own Heavy Syrup
Last night, while walking home from work, I noticed this eerie scene and it reminded me of how close we are actually getting to Halloween. The nearly full moon and the belfry of St. Paul Lutheran Church and the dead tree limbs sure created a spooky mood. My new little moon phases thing says that a full moon should be coming any day now. The bells in the belfry can be heard in my apartment. Sometimes their loud ringing is nice and they act as a pleasant type of alarm, other times they can simply be loud and headache inducing. This mostly depends on my mood, demeanor, and how much I drank the night before. I remember one morning when the bells played, to my surprise, Cat Steven’s “Morning Has Broken”. Back in June of this past summer I recorded those churchbells on my cell phone.
- I’ve been having serious computer problems at work for the last six months or so. This has seriously hampered my work efficiency. The main computer dudes are coming in to wipe out my entire hard drive. Tonight, after accidentally erasing an entire folder of personal crap, I’m trying to burn seven years worth non-work related junk off my hard drive so I don’t lose it all. Even more purging than before.
- Ray wants me to go to Bali with her and her massage therapist friends for a weeklong surfing lesson. Am I crazy for not really wanting to go?
- From my free table the other night I got a kickass Peavey amplifier with a 12 inch speaker and enough bells and whistles to make my acoustic sound like Slayer (too bad I can’t play like Jeff Hanneman). Well, close anyway. The neighbors are gonna be pissed.
It seems like all I’ve been doing lately is working and waiting. I’m not sure if I’m not leaving myself much time for anything else or if maybe I just don’t care for it. Maybe that’s just the way I’ve subconsciously decided to take care of my business. I haven’t been bored lately, in fact, I currently have too many demands. Well, I take that back, just enough demands. And the people making the demands are being awfully conscious of them and giving me plenty of room. Now if they could just give me more time. Heavy work deadlines are looming as the end of the year draws closer. Family is making the typical holiday demands. And friends are making callings to my social-self. I haven’t been proactive on many fronts. But then again, I have taking some bigger leaps on others.
The following poems were created using Rob’s site, my journal, and your comments. From the mingling of our musings a poetic child is born. The spawn of our ramblings spills forth. We wax on. The offspring of heated and impassioned ruminations.
Or maybe they’re just lame-ass word salads.
I hope you enjoy them either way.