Eight things I didn’t know before watching The Passion Of The Christ last night:
1. Jesus had a brother. I can’t believe I didn’t know this.
2. The devil is a woman.
3. Somebody helped Jesus carry the cross.
4. Jesus stopped more than three times while carrying the cross to Mt. Golgotha.
5. It was Jesus of Nazareth who first said, “those who live by the sword will die by the sword”
6. Judas hung himself after his betrayal.
7. Jesus invented the chair.
8. Kit Kats bites are delicious.
I though it was a good movie. Gruesome, but good. I was totally prepped for the violence so it didn’t come as much of a shock or too much to handle. There were some interesting thing I didn’t know about the story of Jesus’ crucifixion in the movie. There were also some very typical hollywood moments I thought the film could have done without (the carpenter/chair scene, the random demons). I don’t think the film deserves neither the hype nor the controversy it received. But over all it was a great movie, well worth my time and money to see at the theatre. That being said, I have no desire to see it again. For something like that, once is enough, for a lot of reasons.