A company called Wordstream has done some research to discover which keyword categories fetch the highest costs per click (CPC) in Googleâ€™s AdWords solution.
According to Wordstream these are the top twenty keywords that demand the highest costs per click:
1. Insurance (example keyword: â€œauto insurance price quotesâ€)
2. Loans (example keyword: â€œconsolidate graduate student loansâ€)
3. Mortgage (example keyword: â€œrefinanced second mortgagesâ€)
4. Attorney (example keyword: â€œpersonal injury attorneyâ€)
5. Credit (example keyword: â€œhome equity line of creditâ€)
11. Conference Call
20. Cord Blood
According to Wordstream the words ‘insurance’ and ‘gas/electricity’ can net Google up to almost $55 per click while the words ‘claim’ and ‘loan’ can bring in $45.
The word The list of most expensive keyword categories is clearly a result from people who, en masse, turn to the Web in search for help, whether itâ€™s for financial, educational, professional services or medical aid. WordStream concludes that the keyword categories with the highest volumes and costs represent industries with very high lifetime customer value: in other words, companies that can afford to pay a lot to acquire a new customer because of the nature of their business.